Thursday 3 January 2013

New Beginnings

There is something quiet wonderful about a New Year and the chance for a clean slate it provides!!!  Though l am not big on making resolutions l think its the perfect time to sit down and reevaluate where we each want to be in our lives and how we are going to get there!!!  It might be as simple as a redrafted budget, new goals to reach for, but for me its even simpler!! 
Somehow in the last year l managed to lose myself and my health!  While it was wonderful at first as l got to immerse myself into dolly making, my passion, but after a while l found that l couldn't stop and when l did l had nothing left, for my self or for my family!! 

Then it snow balled into other things! 

So that leads me back to here, New Beginnings, which for me includes, saying 'no' as often as l can!!!  Sounds terrible but for someone who is a perpetual yes sayer that is a good and necessary goal to have!!!

Slowing right down, having a plan, and a calendar that l actually keep open and laid out before me so l know what is when and where (please tell me l am not the only one that fails in that department), spending as much time with my munchkins, and stop, for me once in a while!!!  

Realistic, l think!! 

Like l said, pretty simple, but with things so out of whack l need something simple to work towards that l know l can achieve!! 
As for dolly making, its still all l want and know how to do, so that's not going to stop, l just need to learn to apply the break a little more often and l will have the chance to test out that saying 'no' plan of mine!!

No other promises, no grand plans, just back to basics!!!  
And this week l wanted to start Natalie Creating with some dollies that just came to me as l went along, no pressure, no time frame, just because l wanted to!!!

Hope you like them!

 Marcelle & Elise




Elise & Marcelle have a sister who is not quiet complete but when she is l will put them up all together and let you know when they will be ready for new homes!!

Wishing you all the most wonderful year ahead and may all your goals, big or small come true xx 









 

 

4 comments:

  1. Well said.....btw I love Elise xx Michelle Balme xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Michelle, hope you had a lovely break xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great realisation for you Nat. So glad you are listening to yourself and learning to say no. Cant wait to see the beautiful creations you bring to life this year. Jo Humphrey xx

    ReplyDelete